Me and my rescue dog Caramel
There’s nothing better than having a lazy lunch with your four-legged friend snuggled up next to your feet. If, like me, you love saving money and you’re looking for a pup-friendly pub in Bristol that’s also affordable then check out the top 10 places for a spot of lunch, according to me and my Romanian rescue Caramel…
My top 10 favourite dog-friendly places in Bristol
1. I feel I owe Bill’s in Clifton the number one spot because we took Caramel here when she was just six month’s old and she wasn’t very well trained at all. It was like something out of a Carry On film as she chewed through her lead and darted across the floor nearly tripping up the waiting staff who, luckily for us, all found it very amusing. Come to think of it Carry on Caramel does have a certain ring to it! Burgers start from £5, keep an eye on their website for special offers throughout the year.
2. What can I say – I love pies! So does my pooch, although I very rarely save her any. Pieminister in Bristol is dog friendly and you could treat yourself to their Bottomless Brunch – all the pie and prosecco you can manage for £20.
3. The Oxford in Totterdown serves scrumptious Sunday lunches but please check that they’re back on the menu again after the pandemic put a temporary halt to them. Hopefully it won’t be too long before you can sit back and enjoy live music on a Sunday afternoon, while your dog curls up by your feet. Ah, what Sundays were made for!
4. Florence. Ok There’s a bit of a Totterdown theme here but it is a stone’s throw away from where I live. Dogs are allowed on the outside terrace of Italian restaurant Florence and on a sunny Bank Holiday it’s the place to be. It’s BYO which is always a bonus and kids love their selection of pizzas.
5. Banco has recently reopened as a coffee and cocktail bar in BS4 and thank goodness they’ve kept it doggy-friendly as it’s kept us Totterdown folk very happy! Check out the website for special offers.
6. Quay St diner – if you’re looking for a dog-friendly hangout in the city centre then you can’t go far wrong here. Dogs are just as welcome as their owners and Caramel gave it the paws up too.
7. Mud Dock Cycleworks & Café – It always feels like a treat coming here and during the Eat Out To Help Out Scheme we enjoyed a lovely lunch with friends and took Caramel too.
8. Racks Bar & Kitchen – I enjoyed a lovely birthday lunch here a couple of years ago when they had their lunch offer on Tuesdays and Caramel was able to join in the celebrations. Check their website for current offers.
9. The Cottage Inn is right on the harbourside and is a traditional cosy pub with a large open fire that is lovely in the winter. The perfect spot to enjoy a bit of lunch and yes it’s dog-friendly too. It’s not the cheapest but sign up to the Butcombe Brewery app and loyalty card and you get a discount off your first order.
10. I love taking Caramel to Friska because you can just tell the staff love dogs! They even take a polaroid if your pooch is looking particular cute that day and stick it on the wall of fame. Friska also runs a loyalty scheme, check out their website for more info.
What places in Bristol & beyond have you taken your dog and had a great experience? Please share with the bargain-loving community on Facebook and don’t forget to give us a like for all the latest deaals, discounts and days out.