Welcome back to Broke in Bristol, the blog the helps you to save money, make money and live life to the full on a shoestring. This week we have deals on free pints at Bristol pubs, free yoga, 40% off Odeon cinema tickets and two Dominos pizzas for £20. Have a great weekend!
1. 18 to 24-year-olds who register online to vote for the first time before May 22 can claim a free pint at participating pubs! The Vote This Year – Get Free Beer campaign encourages more young people to vote in the snap general election on June 8 and was started by Bristol licensee Joby Andrews of The Lazy Dog in Ashley Down and has gone national!
2. If you’re really quick you can still sign up for free yoga or pilates at The Bristol Yoga centre (May 8 to 13). You need to book in advance by clicking here.
3. Bristol’s new gin bar Dutch serves up delicious food at affordable prices. If you’ve been meaning to check it out, try its £10 Tuesday offer where you can pick up two plates of food and a pint for £10.
4. Bristol based mortgage advisor Zoe Hadley-Clarke says you could save hundreds, if not thousands of pounds, re-mortgaging your property once your deals up. Zoe is offering free mortgage advice plus £50 cash back if you contact her in May about your remortgage required for any time in 2017. See her website for more details.
5. If you work in the centre and you’re over 18, head to the Grosvenor Casino for what could be Bristol’s best value breakfast! For just £1.50 per person you can enjoy two rashes of bacon, one sausage, one egg, beans and tea or coffee.
6. Odeon is currently offering 40% off for film fans until May 16. So if you’ve been meaning to see Miss Sloane, Fast & Furious 8 or The Boss Baby – make sure you don’t pay full price. Check out www.ODEON.co.uk and apply the 40% off promotion by using the code: MAY40.
7. Until this Sunday May 14 you can buy two pizzas of any size for £20 at Dominos. That’s my Friday night sorted then! Click here to order online or mention the offer in-store.
8. Don’t fork out for festival tickets. Get into some of the South West’s top festivals for free by signing up as a volunteer at MyCauseUK or see our blog on the top free and affordable festivals happening in the South West this summer.
9. If you feel like getting away from it all for a weekend, National Express is asking people to share their happy memories for the chance to win a weekend away with return coach travel and £250 spending money. Just click here for more details.
10. Finally, it’s hard work being frugal when you’re forgetful. Stocard is a new app that allows you to store all your loyalty cards in one place, which means you don’t miss out on loyalty points, even if you leave your card at home.
That’s it for this week folks. Don’t forget to like the Broke in Bristol Facebook page to never miss an update. And if you found this post useful, please share it with your friends.