It’s Father’s Day on Sunday June 16 so I’ve put together a blog on where to treat the most important man in your life, without breaking the bank. If I’ve missed any local deals, please feel free to publish them on the Brizzle Bargains Facebook Page and don’t forget to book these deals in advance either by going onto the website or calling ahead.
1. Treat dad to a meal out at Racks Bar & Kitchen in Clifton and if you book a table for after 5pm you can get steak and chips for a tenner and kids meals are just a fiver. He’ll also receive any ale, Ashton Press or Becks free with his meal.
2. If he prefers, take him for a Mexican meal at Las Iguanas at the Harbourside or Cribbs Causeway and he’ll get a free bottle of beer! Even better, kids eat free helping you really save on your bill! This offer is valid on Sunday June 16 only, when kids bring a grown up. For every dad dining on Father’s day, Las Iguanas will also donate £1 to Orchid.
3. If dad’s not a fan of Sunday roasts then maybe you could take him to The Coconut Tree on Gloucester Rd – as it’s offering dad three free tapas dishes this Father’s Day.
4. At Hungry Horse pubs, dads can enjoy a free drink on either Saturday 15 or Sunday June 16 when ordering any main meal. There are four Hungry Horse pubs in Bristol: the Brunel in Bedminster, the Talbot Inn on the Bath Road, the Lodekka in Brislington and The Traveller’s Rest in Yate.
5. As a penny-pinching mum, I always save ‘big’ days out like Longleat ‘til they have a special offer on. The good news is that its dads go free event is back for another year! Take advantage of this offer on either Saturday 15 or Sunday 16 with a full paying adult or child saving you a fortune.
6. Treat Dad to a free roast at Toby Carvery this Sunday, available if you book a table and dine after 6pm on the day. Or if you can’t make Sunday evening, Dad can enjoy a free pint of Stowford Press, Coors Light or soft drink when ordering a king size meal all weekend. Don’t forget to book online and download the app – there are carveries in Bradley Stoke and Whitchurch.
7. Dads get in for £1 at Avon Valley Adventure Park this Sunday which includes granddads and great granddads too when accompanied by their children.
8. Is Dad a bit of a foodie? Bristol Food Connections runs until June 23 and there will be over 100 events happening all over Bristol. Buy him a World Food Passport for £12 and he can enjoy some of Bristol’s best food and drink in Bedminster, Clifton or Gloucester Road. The World Food Passport will be his ticket to a free taster or small plate in 13 to 15 different venues and is valid for the full ten days of the festival.
9. Make Dad’s day and bring him along to Berkeley Castle where he’ll get free entry and a free lunch! His majesty Henry VIII & his six wives have also been invited to make sure your Dad gets the welcome he deserves. Pop into the Education Room and enjoy ‘Father’s Day’ themed craft sessions throughout the day.
10. Dad’s can get cosy with a burger and a beer for £15 at the Cosy Club this Father’s Day.
Have we missed anything? Please feel free to share any free, affordable or value for money Father’s Day events on our Facebook page. Don’t forget to like the Brizzle Bargains Facebook page to never miss an update.