Welcome back to Broke in Bristol the blog that helps you save money, make money and live life to the full on a shoestring. It’s Father’s Day this Sunday June 17 so here’s how you can treat the most important man in your life, without breaking the bank.
1. This Sunday you can treat Dad to a Mexican meal at Las Iguanas at the Harbourside or Cribbs Causeway and he’ll get a free bottle of Brahma. Even better, kids eat free helping you really save on your bill! This offer is valid on Sunday June 17 only, when kids bring a grown up. For every dad dining on Father’s day, Las Iguanas will also donate £1 to Orchid. For more details click here.
3. At Hungry Horse pubs, dads can enjoy a free drink on either Saturday 16 or Sunday June 17 when ordering any of the Big and Super Big Plate Specials. There are six Hungry Horse pubs in Bristol: the Brunel in Bedminster, the Lodekka in Brislington, the Talbot Inn on the Bath Road, the Farmhouse in Yate, the Traveller’s Rest in Yate and the Bridge Inn, Yatton.
4. As a penny-pinching mum, I always save big days out like Longleat ‘til they have a special offer on. The good news is that its Dads go Free event is back for another year this weekend! Take advantage of this offer on either Saturday 16 or Sunday 17 with a full paying adult or child saving you £28.85.
5. If you really want to push the boat out, treat dad to a lavish three-course meal for £25 a head at Dinewithi, a pop up restaurant hosted at charming vintage shop Frankie Loves Ava in Totterdown. Not the cheapest, but diners often award it five stars for satisfaction and value for money. And it’s BYO alcohol, so that helps keep the costs down. Booking essential, click here for more details.
6. Treat Dad to a free roast at Toby Carvery this Sunday, available if you book a table and dine after 6pm on the day. Or if you can’t make Sunday evening, dad can enjoy a free pint of Stowford Press cider or Heineken when ordering a king size meal all weekend. Don’t forget to book online and download the app – there’s a carvery in Bradley Stoke and Whitchurch.
7. Dads get in free to the Wild Place Project this Father’s Day with a paying adult or child saving you £9.05. Don’t forget to download the voucher before you go by clicking here.
8. The Real Greek in Cabot Circus is offering all Dads who dine a free pint of Alpha Omega Lager when quoting ‘Pateras’ (Greek for father) on arrival. Take a look here for more details.
9. It’s superhero day at Avon Valley Adventure Park this Sunday and if dads and granddads dress up, they get in free! Or if they’re not in the mood for fancy dress, it’s just a quid for them when accompanied by their children.
10. Make Dad’s day by taking him for a day out to Berkeley Castle where he can enjoy free entry, a free lunch and the kids can entertain themselves on the bouncy castles, inflatables or get creative with arts and crafts.
Have I missed anything? Please feel free to share any free, cheap or value for money Father’s Day events on our Facebook page. Don’t forget to like the Broke in Bristol Facebook page to never miss an update.