Welcome back to Broke in Bristol – the blog that helps you save money, make money and live life to the full on a budget. Time to ditch the onesie and head on outdoors this weekend with our top 10 tips on free and cheap things to do.
- Fri Mar 3. The Bristol Improv Theatre is launching in BS8 this Friday and this is a chance to check out the shiny new theatre and meet Bristol’s Improv community while enjoying a few beers at the same time.
- Fri Mar 3 ‘til 8. Borderlands is a Bristol-based refugee charity, which is hosting the Rise Exhibition at Hamilton House. This event will showcase the artwork and portraits of refugees and asylum seekers living in Bristol through music, discussions and film. From 7pm there will also be live music and DJs.
- Sat Mar 4. Bristol Women’s Voice will be holding its International Women’s Day event at M Shed this Saturday. The theme this year will be Take up Space and there will be a free crèche where you can drop the kiddiwinks off.
- Sat Mar 4. Whirl on over to Spin City Bristol in BS8 for your free Pole Taster Session. Open to everyone interested in trying a pole class, this session runs from 12:15 ‘til 1:15pm.
- Sat Mar 4. Take the kids to Spike Island Café for I am Making Art, a free drop-in workshop from 2 ‘til 6pm. These monthly activity sessions encourage visitors of all ages and abilities to try out new techniques and approaches to making art, from drawing and painting to collage, sculpture and animation. This month: create costumes out of unusual materials with artist Alexander Stevenson, inspired by his investigations into Lubaina Himid’s current exhibition, booking advised.
- Sat Mar 4. The 45’s will be playing at The Old Bookshop in Bedminster this Saturday and it’s free entry from 9pm. This is an international party band consisting of Bobby, Jimmy and Dessy singing classic soul and rock and roll covers.
- Sat Mar 4. With spring just around the corner, Woodcroft Community Orchard will be hosting its Open Day this Saturday and organisers are hoping local residents will be happy to muck in and help get the space ready.
- Sat & Sun Mar 4 & 5. Windmill Hill & Victoria Park Window Wanderland will brighten up the local streets this weekend from 6 ‘til 9pm where you can wander the streets and enjoy and take in the outdoor gallery.
- Sun Mar 5. A new South West Vegan Festival comes to Bristol this March and it will take place at Motion. Standard day tickets start from £3 and the festival is supporting Farplace Animal Rescue.
- Sun Mar 5. Head on over to St George’s Park in BS5 for its Sunday Market which will take place on the first Sunday of every month during 2017. Expect hot food, spirits and possibly a bit of busking.
Please check all event details before heading out and don’t forget to like the Broke in Bristol Facebook page to be the first to know what’s going on in and around Bristol.